Last week I wrote about the things bloggers do that tend to annoy their readers, so this week I figured it was only fair to turn the tables, and take a quick (and very tongue-in-cheek, I hasten to add!) look at the things that annoy bloggers.
Not all of these apply solely to fashion bloggers – if you blog in any genre, or even just use social media regularly, you might recognise some of them – but here, in no particular order, are some of pet peeves of fashion bloggers…
1. Wearing a great outfit, on a day when you can’t take outfit photos: such a waste of good clothes!
2. That outfit that looked awesome in the mirror looks like ass in the photos. It doesn’t REALLY look that bad… does it?
3. Your skirt is ruched up around your hips in every single one of your photos. Your photographer didn’t think to mention this at the time, because he “thought it was supposed to look like that”.
4. Only one photo out of 100 didn’t come out blurry. You look like Voldemort in it.
5. You write a post entitled ‘Here’s my new Topshop dress‘, in which you talk at length about your new Topshop dress, and finish with a link to the Topshop dress. Someone immediately comments to say, “Where did you get the dress?!”
6. People who tag each other in your Instagram comments so they can discuss your outfit as if you’re not there. (Or just to have a private conversation which doesn’t have anything to do with you or your photo. Seriously, if you’re looking for somewhere to have a nice chat about things which will only make sense to the two of you, find somewhere else!)
7. It’s the best outfit you’ve ever worn: but all anyone can talk about is how COLD you must have been for the two minutes you were taking photos of it. If you’d worn a coat, however, they’d have said they can’t see the outfit and couldn’t you have just taken it off just for a quick photo?
8. You write a long, heartfelt post about something really important to you. It gets two comments, both of which say, “GREAT SHOES! ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!” (And your post wasn’t even about shoes…)
9. You find the most perfect, totally secluded place to take outfit photos in. The second you turn up, so do 15 other people, who all proceed to stare as if you have five heads. Awkward.
10. Unsolicited advice. Just… unsolicited advice.
11. PRs who decide Twitter is the best way to contact you about a possible sponsorship. Why, yes, I DO want to negotiate my rates in public, breaking each message up into 140 character tweets: if only there was an easier and more private way to do that, though!
12. PRs who email you about something (good), and then tweet you to let you know they’ve emailed you (bad). Why not also send me a Facebook message to let me know you’ve tweeted me to let me know you’ve emailed me?
13. Not being able to take decent outfit photos for approximately the ENTIRE WINTER.
14. Having to explain over and over again what it is you do, exactly, and being met with blank looks when you say you’re a fashion blogger.
15. Knowing that people secretly think you’re really vain because you POST PHOTOS OF YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET. WHO DOES THAT?
16. People assume you’re an “expert” on fashion, and ask your advice about it: actually, you just enjoy shopping, and have no idea what would suit anyone except yourself.
17. You’ve run out of space for your clothes. You still have nothing to wear.
18. Every place you go is now a potential photo backdrop.
19. Speaking of backdrops: you just found the best one ever. But your camera is sitting on your desk at home.
20. When people do the follow/unfollow, follow/unfollow, follow/unfollow dance on Twitter or Instagram. Just make up your mind already!
21. Comments which begin with the words, “I’m not being rude, but…” If you have to SAY that you’re not being, then you’re almost definitely being rude. So don’t.
22. Or end with “just sayin’!” I hate it when people do that. I’m just sayin’…
Of course, these are all “problems” of the first world kind, and as I said above, my tongue was inserted firmly in my cheek when I wrote this. Personally, I think blogging is the best job in the world: I genuinely can’t think of anything I’d rather be doing (Well, other than relaxing on a beach with a cocktail in my hand…), but no job is 100% perfect, 100% of the time, so if you’re a blogger who has some pet peeves to share, now’s the time to do it![imagebox maintitle=”FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN'” subtitle=”” image=”https://www.foreveramber.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/DSC_0642.jpg” color=”white” space=”60″ link=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/forever-amber-731286″]