Mint cords: H&M // mint sweater : H&M // jacket: New Look (old) // shoes: Buffalo ‘Beyza’ c/o Sarenza
I’ve started this post about five times now, and every single time I’ve just scrapped it and started over again, because I have simultaneously so much and so little to say that I can’t seem to organize my thoughts properly. So here is a list:
1. It’s getting really difficult to take outfit photos lately. The lack of natural light (It’s dark by about 4pm at the moment, and the days are still getting shorter…) makes it just as difficult to shoot indoors as it does outdoors, and it also makes me want to retreat into “comfort clothes” all the time. Trust me, you don’t want to see the photographic evidence of that…
2. When I say “comfort clothes”, I’m talking about jeans and sweaters, mostly. I don’t want you all picturing me in of of those adult onesies or anything, OK?
3. You’re all totally picturing me in an adult onesie now, aren’t you? GOD.
4. None of this would really matter (Well, apart from the adult onesie thing, obviously), if I had other stuff I could talk about instead, but the fact is, I don’t.
5. Well, actually, I DO. I mean, obviously there are plenty of things I could talk about other than clothes: it’s just that most of them wouldn’t be very interesting (or even less interesting, rather), so until that changes, you’re stuck with the sporadic outfit photos, I’m afraid.
6. These ones were taken in a hurry, just as it started to rain, and it wasn’t until I looked back at them I realised the car headlights were shining on the bottom of my legs and making my cords look like they’ve been dip-dyed. Which they haven’t. I’m not NEARLY trendy enough to attempt the “ombre” look…
7. Speaking of the cords: these are the twins of the the cream version I wore in this post. I was so happy to find trousers short enough for me to be able to get away without hemming or rolling them that I also bought this mint version a few weeks ago. Then they went on sale, and well, let’s just say those weren’t the only two colours I ended up with. Ahem.
8. Oh yeah, the post title. It refers to the shoes, which are basically a cheaper version of my Pigalle pumps, which are what I’d intended to wear with this outfit. But the weather was awful, and while I’m not one to keep things “for best”, I’m also not one to needlessly ruin my favourite shoes by wearing them in the rain, so I went for the understudy instead. Every shoe should have an understudy, which can go on when the star of the show can’t appear, don’t you think?
9. No, my feet weren’t cold. Because I was wearing those hideous little “pop sock” things that little old ladies wear, which are basically just sheer tights, cut off at the ankle. They seriously have to be one of the most unattractive items of clothing ever, but hey: they keep my feet warm enough to allow me to wear pumps, and once they’re on, no one needs to be any the wiser.
10. Unless I write a blog post and tell everyone on the internets about them, obviously.