5 things I have done this week:
01. While speaking to my mum on the phone, I spent a good five minutes pacing around the ground floor of the house, searching for my phone. Which I was using at the time. GAH.
02. Had an absolutely hilarious story to tell you all as example # 2 : have absolutely no idea what it was now. (It was really, really good, though: like, the best story ever, I swear. Please all just laugh politely…)
03. Spent at least 10 minutes staring at the blank screen of this post, trying desperately to remember what example #2 was supposed to be.
04. Thought to myself, “Oooh, I must go and check that thing on the internet!” I STILL don’t remember what “that thing on the internet” was, even although I went immediately to my computer to check whatever it was.
05. Had to write my address on a returns label. Wrote the address of the house I lived in ALMOST FOUR YEARS AGO instead.
So, yeah, it’s been that kind of week, really. Before I got pregnant, I used to hear people talk about “baby brain,” and I’d just think, “Yeah, yeah, that totally doesn’t sound like A Thing,” but now… now I just can’t even remember how I was planning to end this sentence, so maybe it is? Also, does anyone have even the slightest clue what I was talking about? Also, what WAS that thing I went racing to my computer to Google, only to end up just looking at videos of cats on Facebook, instead? WHAT?!
(Also, AWWW, CATS!)
To be fair, there were a couple of pairs that could have worked, but they were just OK, and I’m NOT OK with spending money on clothes that are JUST OK these days – especially when I’m only going to be wearing them for a few months. I mean, I suspect I’m probably being a little bit overly-optimistic by expecting to find maternity jeans that are anything OTHER than “OK”, but I do have one pair (These ones, in case you’re deeply interested in this struggle…) which are nice, if a little too large at the moment, so I’m just going to hope I grow into them, and, if not, well there’s always leggings, isn’t there? Now THERE’S a sentence I thought I’d never type!
Pregnancy-wise, there’s really not much to report: I did have a bit of mild nausea back at the start of the week (Which served as a timely reminder of how absolutely awesome it is NOT to feel nauseous all the damn time: I swear I will never take that for granted ever, ever again…), but other than that, I’m still feeling very NOT PREGNANT… which is worrying, of course, but which everyone tells me is perfectly normal at this stage of pregnancy, so I’m just having to content myself with that.
This was, however, also the week that Terry’s mum started chemotherapy, so that’s obviously been occupying a large part of our minds. The update to this is that, having been given just 6 months to live by NHS Lothian, and told there was absolutely nothing that could be done (They even told us they didn’t see much point in her doing chemo…), we managed to get a second opinion from a surgeon in London, who specialises in this type of cancer, and who feels that, although it can’t really be cured, there is a possibility of surgery, which could drastically slow it down. That, however, depends on her having fairly aggressive chemo first, so she started that this week, and has, as is typical for Terry’s mum, been an absolute trooper throughout. She’s not been feeling too bad so far, but we’re spending as much time with her as possible, so we can keep a close eye on her, and just keeping everything crossed that she responds well – I reckon we’re about due some good luck around about now, no?
Week 15 Pregnancy Symptoms:
Mild nausea (very briefly), sore boobs, vivid dreams (Oh, those dreams: it’s like having my own private movie showing in my head every night, which would be awesome, if it wasn’t for the fact that this screen only seems to show horror, for some reason…), thirst.
Week 15 Pregnancy Cravings:
Barbecue spare ribs, and God, they were amazing. Not really sure whether this was a “craving” or just pure greed, though, really: suspect the latter, but will claim the former for as long as I can possibly get away with it…