25 Random Things About Me
I’ve been tagged multiple times now on the “25 Random Things About Me” meme that’s been doing the rounds on Facebook lately, and so far I haven’t actually done it because, well, “over-sharing” is my middle name, and seriously, what else could I possibly tell you that you didn’t already know?
Oh. Yeah. Stuff about leggings and makeup, obviously. Of course. So, anyway, you asked for it (well, you did if you tagged me on Facebook), so here it is: 25 Random Things About Me That Are Even More Random Than The Other Random Things I Have Written About in the Past:
1. I attach a ridiculous amount of sentimental value to inanimate objects. For this reason, I will probably never sell my car.
2.Also for this reason, I have a number of boxes in my house filled with mementos from holidays and other good times.
3. I have no idea what some of them are supposed to represent now.
4. Strangely, though, I am ruthless about clothes and the very second I start to go off something, I will want to get rid of it and free up the space for something else.
5. Except for all those bags of clothes in the attic. Clearly I’m not quite ready to give those up yet.
6. I get very depressed about birthdays (mine) and have done since I was about 15 years old.
7. I own a pair of shiny leggings.
8. No, I have never worn them.
9. I do sometimes wear normal leggings, though, and I don’t really care what you think about that, so there!
10. I am not in any way a foodie, and if I lived alone I would live off things like toast and cereal quite happily. Especially if the toast had beans on it.
11. When I was young, I wanted to be a singer when I grew up.
12. Which was a bit weird, because I am almost completely tone deaf.
13. In primary school, I went so far as to enter a talent contest, in which me and a friend sang “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”.
14. We did not win.
15. I do not have a favourite film, book or song and never know what to say when people ask me to name those things. Which actually happens much more often than you’d think.
16. Without makeup, I look like a completely different person.
17. And also like a very ill person apparently – on the couple of occasions I turned up at work without makeup, my bosses have always tried to send me home because I look so “ill”.
18. When people see me in flat shoes/bare feet for the first time, they can never quite get over how short I am. I’m 5’3”, but am rarely seen without heels.
19. When people first meet me, they almost always point out that my name is Amber and I ALSO have “amber” coloured hair. They seem to think this is new information they’re giving me, and that I will be as amazed as they are by it.
20. No, I was not named after my hair colour. Which is generally the second thing people say to me.
21. Sometimes I have to talk myself out of getting another puppy.
22. Or a kitten, even.
23. I have applied for the Green Card Lottery (to be able to live and work in the USA) twice now.
24. I never did have much luck with lotteries, though.
25. I totally can’t think of a number 25. My bad.
I’m not going to tag anyone, but feel free to consider yourself tagged if you really want to do this too!