Seeing as my “Amber in ‘I Wear Uggs’ Shocker!” post went over better than I expected, I have climbed into the virtual confessional to produce some more shockers for you:
- I have been wearing leggings to the gym. Oh, don’t worry, I’ve been wearing them with a long t-shirt, so I’m not exposing my crotch and butt all the time, a la Lindsay Lohan (well, I wasn’t until yesterday, when I threw on my gym clothes in a hurry and didn’t realise until I got onto the treadmill that, whoops, my long t-shirt had shrunk in the wash) but I have been wearing them. See, the thing is, being short and somewhat skinny, I couldn’t find any yoga/jogging style pants to fit me, and I’d rather not expose my pale blue winter legs to the gym-going public, so leggings seemed like the only choice. And you know what? I love them. They are oh-so-comfy, and don’t trip me up on the treadmill, like the jogging pants would have. What more could a girl want? (Oh, yeah, some style. I get it.)
- I have been cheating at NaNoWriMo. See, I’ve already written a huge chunk of my novel, so, rather than start a new one (because the neat-freak in me hates the thought of lots of half-finished novels lying around) I’ve been… well, let’s just say I’ve been copying and pasting chunks of the existing novel into the new one. Sorry, NaNoWriMo!
- Despite doing this, I have still only reached 10,000 words. Goodbye, fat advance check! Goodbye book tour! Goodbye, cruel literally world!
- That whole “five portions of fruit and veg per day” thing? Screw that.
- When I was a kid, my dad once managed to persuade me that March 10th (my birthday) had been “cancelled” by the government, as part of an ongoing project to change the calendar. I believed him, because I am THAT STUPID.
- I think I was about ten at the time, i.e. old enough to know better
- Terry once convinced me that the word “gullible” had been removed from the dictionary. Yes, I checked.
- I think I was about 25 at the time…
- I don’t floss.
- I still count on my fingers.
- And I sometimes forget which is “left” and which is “right”. If you asked me to turn right, for instance, I’d have to surreptitiously twist my hand into a “holding a pen” shape to remind myself which one that is.
- My eyes are so sensitive to light that I carry my sunglasses with me at all times, and have got into the habit of wearing them whether I need to or not. So if you ever see a stupid looking redhead out wearing Ugg boots and sunglasses on a really dull day, that’ll be me.
- I am completely incapable of listening to my iPod without singing along, or at least mouthing the words. This makes me look like even more of an idiot when I’m at the gym. (See “I wear leggings to the gym,” above.)
- When I first joined the gym we’re members of now, I got so bored that I’d take a book or a magazine with me and prop it up on the front of the bike, so I could read while I “worked out”.
- Yes, I DID have to cycle really slowly to make that possible…
- When I was a kid, I briefly had a picture of Prince Charles on my bedroom wall.
- My parents were really relieved when it was replaced with one of Han Solo instead…
- Sometimes when I have absolutely nothing to say for myself here on my blog, I like to make lists instead of going to the effort of writing a proper entry. What do you mean you hadn’t noticed?
OK, the confession booth is closed. Your turn now…